Virtual Commencement 2020
Class of 2020, it’s time to celebrate!
We invite the New Paltz community to come together virtually to celebrate the Class of 2020 with pre-recorded Commencement Ceremonies on Friday, May 22, 2020, at 1 p.m., in recognition of August 2019, December 2019 and January 2020 graduates, and May 2020 and August 2020 candidates.
The College will also host a Facebook watch party for both the undergraduate and graduate Commencement ceremonies, beginning at 1 p.m. on the SUNY New Paltz Facebook page.
Enhance your virtual commencement experience and show your New Paltz Pride
Download your Commencement-themed virtual swag today!
Click here to download your DIY Mortarboard! Poster board for the mortarboard (finished size of 9.25” x 9.25”) and headband)
Click here to view and download background photo templates for the perfect Commencement portrait!
Click here to download your Commencement Pennant! Pennant measures 10 x 4 sitting on an 11 x 8.5 sheet (standard letter-size paper)
To add a SUNY New Paltz frame to your profile picture:
- Go to www.facebook.com.
- Click update on your profile picture, select add frame.
- Search for a frame by entering "SUNY New Paltz Class of 2020," or search for the SUNY New Paltz page.
- Choose the frame you want to use from the results.
- Click Use as Profile Picture.
To print your yard sign:
- Send your local print/copy store, that sells yard signs, the pdf file in the size of your choice.
- If you have yard sign materials and want to print at home, choose the ‘tile’ option when printing and tape together.
The virtual Commencement Ceremony WILL NOT REPLACE an in-person Commencement celebration; rather, we hope it will serve as a way for our campus community to safely celebrate and reflect on the end of the 2019-20 academic year, even as we continue to live, work, teach and learn in accordance with social distancing guidelines.
We have rescheduled the in-person 2020 Commencement Ceremonies to May 2021, when we hope our graduates will be able to return to campus to celebrate together.