The SUNY College at New Paltz is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), 1007 North Orange Street, 4th Floor, MB #166, Wilmington, DE 19801 (267-284-5011) www.msche.org. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Visit our Middle States Accreditation website for more information and our Statement of Accreditation Status.
SUNY New Paltz possesses full and current accreditation from the following institutional accrediting agencies recognized for this purpose by the U.S. Department of Education:
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190-5248; phone: 703-437-0700
and is pursuing accreditation of its educator preparation programs from the Association for Advancing Quality in Educator Preparation (AAQEP). Pursuant to Section 52.21 of the New York Regulations of the Commissioner of Education, teacher preparation and other school professional programs offered by SUNY New Paltz are considered to be continuously accredited for purposes of meeting the New York State requirement that all such programs maintain continuous accreditation.
In addition, programmatic accreditation or certification and approval of curricula has been granted as follows:
- School of Business programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International.
- The Chemistry curriculum is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS).
- The Computer, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The M.S. Clinical Mental Health Counseling and M.S. School Counseling programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP), a specialized accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- The M.S. Music Therapy program is approved by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).
- The M.S. program in speech-language pathology (Department of Communication Disorders) is accredited by the Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (CAA) of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Boulevard #310, Rockville, MD, 20850, phone: 800-498-2071 or 301-296-5700.
- The Center for Student Success is certified by the College Reading and Learning Association (CRLA).
- Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U)
- American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU)
- American College & University Presidents' Climate Commitment (ACUPCC)
In addition, the Haggerty English Language Program is a member of University and College Intensive English Programs (UCIEP).